Questionomics
At any rate it seems to be important.Certainly it seems to have, at this stage, a more profound effect on Australian's than their democratically elected representatives do. That's not a crack at them, truly its not - it seems as much as anything that they themselves are fixated on the economy as the means by which they provide their good governance. Discussion of balanced budgets, the official interest rate, GDP, GNI, taxes and government handouts are most of what they discuss. Direct government interventions are second and I guess if you read the more detailed 'opinion' sections of your state paper you'll find discussion of trade barriers, unions, corporate governance and the other aspects of our complicated economic system.
I wanted to write a blog that asks the simple questions. It began as a thought experiment while I tried to casually explain to my three year old what money was. I said it was how we did sharing. (Which I thought was a pretty good explanation for a three year old really) He is now almost six and the questions have kept coming, especially since he worked out what it does. I've called it 'Questionomics' because it will probably raise more questions than answers. I guess that's the point. It seems to me that the whole thing would run a lot better if we just thought more about it, and thats it. The goal. Think about the system that is so much a part of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment